A motorhome has been stolen from Wyberton, Boston, in the early hours of Friday morning (29 August), sparking an urgent appeal for information.
The vehicle was taken from a driveway on Wyberton West Road. Neighbours’ Ring doorbell footage confirmed it was still parked up at around 2.30am, but by 3am it had been driven away and seen heading along Chain Bridge Road.
It is feared the number plates may have been changed shortly after the theft in an attempt to avoid automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras, making it harder to track.
Lincolnshire Police have been informed and the owners are now appealing to residents across Wyberton and surrounding areas to check CCTV, Ring doorbells, dashcams, or any security footage recorded between 2.15am and 3.30am for suspicious activity.
The family believe the theft was carried out by an organised group and are warning that stolen motorhomes are often hidden in fields, gateways, or secluded areas for several days before being moved further afield. They are urging landowners, farmers and those with access to outbuildings to check their land carefully and report anything unusual.
Adding to the distress, the motorhome contained a number of personal and sentimental items which the owners say will be impossible to replace. They are determined to make the vehicle “too hot to handle” and are asking people across Boston and Lincolnshire to share the appeal as widely as possible.
Lincolnshire Police are investigating and anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting crime reference 25000508508. The owners have said that a possible reward will be offered if information leads to the safe return of the motorhome.
“This was not just a vehicle, it held items that mean the world to us. We’re desperate to get it back and we need the community’s help,” they said.